Health Ambassador Program
The Barnard Health Ambassadors (BHAs) cultivate community and educate peers, promoting a healthy campus experience for all. The three pillars of the program include:
Who are the BHAs
The Health Ambassador program will involve staff, faculty, and students who will serve as visible public health ambassadors available on campus to encourage our Barnard community to engage in healthy behaviors related to COVID-19 and provide health and safety resources, such as masks and hand sanitizer.
It’s important—by following the Barnard Community Pledge, we’re all doing our part to reduce the risk of transmission for ourselves and others. This commitment reflects the extraordinary degree to which we’re dependent on each other to remain healthy individually and as a community.
- To follow the COVID-19 reopening plan and regulations created by the College.
- To use peer to peer influence to encourage others to practice healthy behaviors, such as physical distancing, wearing face masks / coverings, and regularly washing your hands and using hand sanitizer.
- To provide the campus community with public health resources, education, and representatives to answer COVID-19 related questions.
- Serve as a public health resource and provide information that supports the Barnard College COVID-19 campus plan.
- Act as a role model for healthy behaviors and practices on campus to limit the spread of COVID-19.
- Barnard Community encourages campus and government regulations, such as face covering requirements, physical distance, gatherings, and stay-at-home orders by reminding others about these regulations.
- Encourage the use of face masks and coverings, physical distancing, and proper hand hygiene.
- Provide supplies such as hand sanitizer, masks, and gloves to those who need them.
- Commitment to following healthy behaviors and practices on campus.
- Being a friendly peer advocate who encourages fellow members of the community to adhere to COVID-19 guidelines.
- Ability to speak with fellow students, staff and faculty about the COVID-19 guidelines.
- Willingness to provide administration with feedback in regards to healthy campus behavior.
- Must complete a short, mandatory training.
- BHAs are visible to the Barnard community
- BHAs will be equipped with green hats, lanyards and masks.
- BHA posters can be found across campus
You can find additional health & wellness resources on our Barnard Health & Wellness page.