New Student Health Forms
Welcome New Students!
We are excited to welcome you to Barnard College for the upcoming academic year! As you prepare for your arrival on campus, the Public Health Response Team, who works to follow and respond to public health trends and events on campus and in the community, would like to remind you of the required student health and immunization forms.
The deadline for submission is 12/22/23.
Incomplete, incorrect, or late submissions may result in housing or registration delays or cancellations.
Forms to Complete
- MMR and Other Immunization Form (PDF): Proof of immunization to Measles-Mumps-Rubella (MMR) and other non-required vaccines.
- Meningococcal Meningitis Vaccination Response Form (PDF): All students are required to complete and select whether or not they have been vaccinated, will become vaccinated or are declining vaccination and that they understand the risks of not being vaccinated
- Tuberculosis Screening Form (PDF)*: Required for all students.
- *Tuberculosis Testing Form (PDF): - Only required for students who screen positive may need a test for Tuberculosis and/or a chest x-ray (read the Tuberculosis Risk Form carefully to see what you need).
Primary Care Health Services at Barnard are responsible for patient care, and therefore will be the point of contact for some electronic forms related to minor consent to care, general consent to care form (electronically submitted via Open Communicator), and financial responsibility of care (electronically submitted via Open Communicator).
Step 1: Schedule a visit with your healthcare provider to obtain necessary records and complete forms (Required)
In order to attend Barnard College, all students must comply with the New York State immunization requirements. If you are missing any of the required immunizations, you will be contacted by firstname.lastname@example.org. Although these forms are due June 30th, we encourage all students to submit them as soon as possible for processing. IMPORTANT, if you will be 17 years of age or younger when you begin the semester, complete these forms with your parent/guardian as their signature will be required.
Form 1: MMR and Other Immunization Record
Print the Immunization Form (PDF) and have it completed, signed, and stamped by your medical provider.
Please note New York State law requires all college students to have certain immunizations before attending classes.
These immunizations include:
Measles, Mumps, and Rubella - students must prove immunity. Please note that even if you have been vaccinated, titers showing immunity are strongly recommended and are most helpful in case of an outbreak.
- two doses of live measles vaccine given on or after the first birthday, or
- Physician documented history of disease, or
- Titers (a blood test) showing immunity
- One dose of live mumps vaccine given on or after the first birthday, or
- Physician documented history of the disease, or
- Titers showing immunity
- One dose of live virus rubella given on or after the first birthday, or
- Titers showing immunity
Form 2: Meningitis Vaccination and Response Form
Students must also comply with Public Health Law 2167 related to meningitis response that 2167 requires institutions (including colleges and universities) to distribute information about meningococcal disease and vaccination to all students meeting the enrollment criteria, whether they live on or off campus.
Colleges in New York State are required to maintain a record of the following for each student:
- A response to receipt of meningococcal disease and vaccine information signed by the student or student’s parent or guardian OR
- An acknowledgment that the student will obtain immunization against meningococcal disease within 30 days from a private
healthcare provider or elsewhere OR
- An acknowledgment of meningococcal disease risks and refusal of meningococcal meningitis immunization signed by the student or student’s parent or guardian
*Those who select the option attesting they will be vaccinated within 30 days, will be followed up with to ensure a change in vaccination status.
Form 3: Tuberculosis Screening Form
ALL STUDENTS should print the Tuberculosis Screening Form (PDF) and complete it.
If your answers indicate that you require additional TB testing,
Form 4: Tuberculosis Testing Form (If necessary)
SOME STUDENTS should print the Tuberculosis Testing Form (PDF) and have it completed, signed, and stamped by your medical provider if they've indicated "YES" to any responses on the screening form (above.)
If you are required to have a TB skin test or IGRA blood test (Quantiferon Gold, T-Spot), it must be completed within 6 months prior to the start of classes.
Step 2: Submit Your Forms
To Access your Requirements in Open Communicator:
- Log into Open Communicator, Barnard’s Patient Portal, using your Barnard credentials
- Navigate to the "Forms & Immunization Requirements" Page, on the lefthand sidebar
- Select “Upload” to submit your completed records, forms, and responses to the electronic forms for each category.
How do I become compliant?
- Your status column starts as "not-compliant" with the details "no data" (see above.)
- As you submit your responses to each of the forms, your status will become "compliant" and details "satisfied", which indicates you've satisfied your requirements and are all set.
- Some forms require manual review from the Public Health Response Team. When you've submitted a form and the status is "not-compliant" but the details is "awaiting review", check back in in a few days to see that the status is updated to "compliant". As there are a large volume of responses and emails during this time, note that we will only reach out to you if further clarification is needed. No news is good news!
Other Important Information and Detailed Guide
- If we have any questions or concerns regarding any of your responses, we will reach out to your Barnard email address. Be sure to check there periodically over the summer to ensure a prompt response.
- If you are unable to upload, please email email@example.com for assistance.
- For a detailed guide on how to complete each form, please see our How to Complete Your Incoming Student Health Forms Guide.
All forms and immunization records must be submitted to Open Communicator by December 22, 2023.
Let us know if you have any additional questions by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to welcoming you soon!